Do you want a career as an Animal Control Officer (sometimes referred to as an animal protection officer or animal services officer) in Ontario and require an animal control bylaw officer certificate?
This course is an essential step in upgrading your skills and knowledge.
You will gain a firm foundation and training in a variety of legal issues and dog behaviour required for this position.
Animal Control Bylaw Officer Certificate
Quick Course Information
- Online Training Course
- It takes approximately 30 hours to complete
- 12 modules with printable handouts
- Online final exam
- Printable accreditation Animal Control Bylaw Officer certificate
Once purchased, your login information will be emailed to you within 24 hours.
Who Should Register
- Anyone currently employed or seeking employment in Ontario as an MLEO or Provincial Offences Officer wanting to specialize in Animal Control or enforcement of local Bylaws.
- Anyone wanting to specialize in a career as an Animal Control Officer or Animal Protection Officer in Ontario or work in animal control services.
Why take this course
- Add Animal Control Bylaw Officer certificate to your resume
- This is a stand-alone course explicitly designed for Animal Control Bylaw Enforcement Officers
- Seek higher-paying work and improve your chances of landing jobs by proactively taking this training.
- Ability to complete this course at your own pace
- Instructor expertise and assistance available through email
Animal Control Bylaw Officer Course Syllabus
|Introduction||Welcome And Login Instructions|
|Module 1||Introduction To Animal Control|
|Module 2||Characteristics Of Effective Animal Control Officers|
|Module 3||Introduction To Law|
|Module 4||Authorities And Powers Of Animal Control MLEOS|
|Module 5||Laying POA Charges As Animal Control Officers|
|Module 6||Court Structure|
|Module 7||OSPCA Agent Powers Versus MLEOS Powers|
|Module 8||Municipal Structure And By-Laws|
|Module 9||DOLA And Provincial Legislation Relative To Animal Control|
|Module 10||Understanding Dog Behaviours|
|Module 11||Officer Safety For Animal Control Officers|
|Module 12||Final Quiz and Final Exam|
|Next Steps||Course Completion And Requesting A Certificate|
Program Content Vetting and Certifications
This program was written by former Ontario-based Police instructors who served both at the Ontario Police College as well as at the in-service training divisions for both the O.P.P. and Municipal Police agencies.
These same instructors and the company issuing the accreditation certificates are also approved and licensed Vendors of Record (V.O.R.) for the Government of Ontario to train M.L.E.O.s and P.O.O.s (Provincial Offences Officers) for all Ministries and Provincially funded agencies that use the V.O.R. system to obtain training for their officers.
The course design and development were done by instructors who are Court (Ontario Superior Court) Recognized “Subject Matter Experts” in the training of Municipal Bylaw and Enforcement Officers, Provincial Offences Officers, Police and Special Constables in Ontario. Copies of transcripts from these court credentials are available upon request.
Last Updated on Sep 22, 2023