Last Updated on
Security Guard Training Winnipeg
Becoming a security guard in Winnipeg (like all other regions of Canada) requires that you meet the requirements set out by the provincial government. This post will cover the minimum requirements you need to meet. These requirements can be satisfied by completing security guard training Winnipeg.
These requirements include the following:
- the person possesses a clean criminal record; and
- For the purposes of subsection (1), a person possesses a “clean criminal record” if,
the person has not been convicted of a prescribed offence under the Criminal Code (Canada), the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Canada) or any other Act of Canada; or
the person has been convicted of such an offence and a pardon under the Criminal Records Act (Canada) has been issued or granted.
- is 18 years old or older,
- is entitled to work in Canada, and
- has successfully completed all prescribed training and testing
- There are several steps in completing Security Guard Training Winnipeg. The licensing process is detailed and all of the associated forms and requirements must be accurate and complete prior to submitting an application either through mail or online thru Service Ontario.
Before you apply for a licence, you must:
- Take the Manitoba security guard basic training course.
- Pass the Manitoba security guard basic test.
Security Guard training Winnipeg
The basic training course is a minimum of 40 hours of classroom training. You will cover such topics as:
- General Duties and Responsibilities
- You and the Law
- Writing Notes and Reports
- Bomb Threats
- Access Control & Alarm Systems
- Traffic Control
- Working Safely
(a complete syllabus can be found here.)
Please note that all Winnipeg Security Guard Training must be done by an accredited provider. You can find a list of training providers that are approved by the Province of Manitoba here.